Teaching Assistant 1 to 1
Start Date: September 2021
Closing Date: Friday 16th July at noon
Interviews week beginning: 19th July 2021
Discovery Primary Academy has a fantastic opportunity for a level two 1 to 1 Teaching Assistant to join our warm and friendly team. We believe that happy staff brings happy learners, so, at Discovery Primary Academy we strongly promote an ethos of a healthy work-life balance. Above everything, we would urge you to speak to our staff to find out how our Academy is different to work in than many others.
The successful candidate will join our growing team at Discovery as we continue on our exciting journey within the Four C’s MAT.
Joining us as a Teaching Assistant you will need to have:
- Experience of working with individuals and groups of children in class, including those pupils on the autistic spectrum
- Experience of working as a 1 to 1 would be advantageous
- Good communication skills while working as part of a team, liaise with parents and outside agencies
- An ability to understand individual children
- The ability to adapt plans to meet the needs of a child who is unable to access the curriculum
You will need to be:
- Positive and enthusiastic
- Reliable, resilient and be able to take the initiative
In return, you will:
- Be treated with trust and respect to become the best you can be
- Be given support from a strong Senior Leadership Team
- Be part of a friendly and hardworking support team
Working for Discovery Primary Academy, means you can be assured that you will be contributing to our mission of enabling every child to Aspire, Discover and Achieve. All our staff work collaboratively to share best practice and are supported by the expertise within the central team to enable them to focus on teaching and learning. As a Discovery Primary Academy employee within the Four C’s MAT you will receive excellent opportunities for career progression and access to bespoke CPD from the Academy.
Visits to our Academy are possible in person while following the social distancing guidelines. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange a visit.
The closing date for applications is 16th July at noon.
Discovery Primary Academy and the Local Governing Committee take safeguarding very seriously. Any offers of employment will be subject to a Disclosure and Barring Service enhanced check.