Teaching Assistant - One to one (Temporary post)
Temporary Level Two Teaching Assistant
Start Date: As soon as possible
Closing Date: Friday 22nd October at noon
Interviews week beginning: 1st November 2021
Discovery Primary Academy wishes to appoint a capable, enthusiastic, and highly motivated Teaching Assistant to work as part of our amazing team in Foundation Stage and Key stage One. This position will be for One to One support for a child with special educational needs (SEN).
Discovery Primary Academy is a friendly and welcoming academy in Walton, Peterborough. We currently provide education for over 550 children aged between 4 – 11 years old and are a forward-thinking academy that encourages innovation while improving wellbeing for all. We believe that happy staff brings happy learners, so, at Discovery Primary Academy we strongly promote an ethos of a healthy work-life balance. Above everything, we would urge you to speak to our staff to find out how our Academy is different to work in than many others.
The successful candidate will join our growing team at Discovery as we continue our exciting journey within the Four C’s MAT.
Joining us as a Teaching Assistant, you will need to have:
- Experience of working with children with additional needs and passionate about gaining further SEN knowledge and experience.
- Good observation skills and able to use your initiative.
- A vision, energy, and enthusiasm to provide children with invaluable, first-hand learning experiences.
- Ability to work within a nurturing, inclusive learning environment
- A passion to learn and develop good practice
- A positive, hardworking, and ambitious approach to work
- Good communication skills while working as part of a team, liaising with parents and outside agencies
- An ability to understand individual children
- The ability to adapt plans to meet the needs of a child who is unable to access the curriculum
You will need to be:
- Positive and enthusiastic
- Reliable, resilient and be able to take the initiative
In return, you will:
- Be treated with trust and respect to become the best you can be
- A friendly, supportive, and dedicated team
- Be part of a friendly and hardworking support team
Working for Discovery Primary Academy, means you can be assured that you will be contributing to our mission of enabling every child to Aspire, Discover and Achieve. All our staff work collaboratively to share best practice and are supported by the expertise within the central team to enable them to focus on teaching and learning. As a Discovery Primary Academy employee within the Four C’s MAT, you will receive excellent opportunities for career progression and access to bespoke CPD from the Academy.
Visits to our Academy are possible in person while following the social distancing guidelines. Please email email@example.com to arrange a visit. If you wish to find out more or apply for the vacancy, please visit our website at www.discoveryprimaryschool.com
Discovery Primary Academy and the Local Governing Committee take safeguarding very seriously. Any offers of employment will be subject to a Disclosure and Barring Service enhanced check. The successful applicant will also be required to complete a declaration form under the requirements of the Childcare (Disqualification) 2009 Regulations.