High Level Teaching Assistant - Temporary
Post Title: High Level Teaching Assistant – Temporary
Grade: Unqualified Teacher 1
Required: As soon as possible
Closing date: Friday 22nd October 2021
Interviews: Week beginning 1st November 2021
Are you looking to ease yourself back into teaching after a break or are you a highly motivated, experienced Teaching Assistant looking for that next step up the career ladder or a knowledgeable, hardworking High-Level Teaching Assistant looking for a new challenge? If you are, Discovery Primary Academy would like to hear from you! We are looking for that right person to join our warm and friendly team. We believe that happy staff brings happy learners, so, at Discovery Primary Academy we strongly promote an ethos of a healthy work-life balance. Above everything, we would urge you to speak to our staff to find out how our Academy is different to work in than many others.
The successful candidate will join our growing team at Discovery as we continue our exciting journey within the Four C’s MAT.
We are looking for a High-Level Teaching Assistant who can:
- Compliment teachers’ delivery of the national curriculum and contribute to the development of other support staff, pupils, school policies and strategies.
- Support a range of intervention strategies designed to close gaps in learning.
- work collaboratively with teaching staff and deliver planned Maths and Success for All (SFA) lessons to different year groups across the academy.
- can provide support for pupils, the teacher and the academy in order to raise standards of achievement for all pupils.
- encourage pupils to become independent learners, to provide support for their welfare and to support the inclusion of all pupils.
You will need to be:
- Positive and enthusiastic
- Calm and flexible
- Reliable, resilient and be able to take the initiative
Working for Discovery Primary Academy, means you can be assured that you will be contributing to our mission to enable every child to Aspire, Discover and Achieve. All our staff work collaboratively to share best practice and are supported by the expertise within the central team to enable them to focus on teaching and learning. As a Discovery Primary Academy employee within the Four C’s MAT you will receive excellent opportunities for career progression and access to bespoke CPD from the Academy. This position is initially a fixed term contract however there may be the possibility of the role becoming permanent in the future.
Further information about the post and a copy of the application form can be found via our website at www.discoveryprimaryschool.com. Please refer to the job description and the personal specification when applying; outlining what skills, qualities and experience you can offer us at Discovery. If you would like to arrange a visit, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Discovery Primary Academy and the Local Governing Committee take safeguarding very seriously. Any offers of employment will be subject to a Disclosure and Barring Service enhanced check.