The Full Governing Body meets at least once every half term. DPS also have committees to consider different aspects of the school in detail.
The Strategic Committee carries out the following functions:
- To assist in the development of Curriculum related policies and procedures, including SEN, sex education, religious education and collective worship, for ratification by the Full Governing Body
- To monitor the effectiveness of the school’s behaviour policies and procedures and to report its conclusions to the Full Governing Body
- To monitor and review the implementation of all Curriculum related policies and procedures
- To review the School Development Plan and made recommendations to the full Governing Body with regard to its approval
- To monitor, evaluate and review the school Self Evaluation Form (SEF) and to report back to the full Governing Body
- To monitor, evaluate and review SATS results following publication of RAISE data and any LEA comparative data and to report back to the full Governing Body
- To review the school’s set pupil performance targets and make recommendations to the full Governing Body
- To monitor progress being made towards achieving school improvement, especially with regard to pupils’ set performance targets
- To monitor the relationships between the school, parents, and the wider community, including the communication of all policy and administrative matters relative to this
The Resources Committee carries out the following key tasks
- In consultation with the headteacher, to draft the first formal budget plan of the financial year.
- To consider a budget position statement including virement decisions at least termly and to report significant anomalies from the anticipated position to the Temporary Governing Body.
- To ensure that the school operates within the Financial Regulations of the Local Authority
- To propose and oversee policies relating to fund raising, income generation, lettings, charging and remissions
- To make decisions in respect of service agreements
- To make decisions on expenditure
- To draft and keep under review the staffing structure in consultation with the headteacher
- To oversee the appointment procedure for all staff
- To oversee the process leading to staff reductions
- To keep under review staff work/life balance, working conditions and well being.
Health and Safety
- To ensure that the school complies with all its Health and Safety duties and legislation