'All leaders, governors and staff in the school share a clear commitment to raising standards and improving teaching and learning' Discovery Ofsted Report 2014
Ofsted is the Office for Standards in Education, Children's Services and Skills. They inspect and regulate services that care for children and young people, and services providing education and skills for learners of all ages, including Discovery Primary School.
Our Ofsted reports
You can download our current and previous reports directly via the Ofsted website http://reports.ofsted.gov.uk/inspection-reports/find-inspection-report/provider/ELS/135196.
Our most recent inspection was in March 2014, where we were found to be overall a Good school. The full report on our school's performance, including the latest KS2 results can be found here: http://www.education.gov.uk/cgi-bin/schools/performance/school.pl?urn=135196&superview=pri.
A summary of key findings from March 2014 are as follows:
- Pupils make good progress from starting points which are often well below those typically found. Attainment has risen since the last inspection.
- The school has successfully narrowed the gap in achievement between pupils entitled to additional government funding and their classmates.
- Pupils at an early stage of learning English, and those who are more able, are making above average progress.
- The good curriculum has very effective enrichment opportunities that support pupils’ learning in a range of subjects.
- Pupils’ attitudes to learning are good. They behave well in and out of lessons. The school ensures they are safe and well cared for.
- The school successfully manages the high numbers of pupils who leave or join at other than the usual time through effective mentoring and induction systems.
- The headteacher has provided strong leadership since the last inspection, particularly in improving teaching.
- The school has sought support and advice from experts when needed. There is a strong culture of continually improving the skills of staff and the governing body.
- The school has very successfully worked to develop staff’s leadership skills.
- All leaders, governors and staff in the school share a clear commitment to raising standards and improving teaching and learning.
Your views count!
Your views are important to us. Parent View gives you the chance to tell Ofsted what you think about your child's school, from the quality of teaching, to dealing with bullying and poor behaviour.